Today was the big day! The NCLEX-RN, national state boards for nursing. For the past three months, my classmates and I have been studying up a storm with NCLEX review books, Kaplan questions (which I didn't subscribe to), the NCSBN learning extension, Mosby's and Saunders flash cards... and all in one fell swoop of 75 questions in approximately an hour and a half, all that knowledge felt like it had been flushed down the drain. Maybe an exaggeration?
I read online that the majority of the people who come out of the exam feel like they failed the exam. It was designed to make the majority of the people who take it pass with 50%. So, going in I was confident - I wasn't going to let it irk me - level headed ME! I came out... visited our friend Adam who was working at the Starbucks across the street. Got in the car, paid 15 bucks for parking, gave Dave a call (which I probably shouldn't have done while driving) and started sobbing!
Stats say, of those who end with 75 questions: 85% pass with flying colors and 15% fail miserably. Only time will tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment