Monday, June 21, 2010

Home sweet home

My perception of home is constantly changing. With the fear that Dave's school housing may soon figure out he's not taking any more classes, I've been frantically searching for homes... a place to rent or a place to buy. I was on the computer madly absorbed in the search when Dave driven by my madness finally asked me, "What's wrong with you?!"

Anxiety & fear filled my mind thinking that the next place we live may have to be a little more permanent... a place where we can raise our kids, a place where family can come to visit comfortably. A place we can call home.

But.. nothing. Either it's too far, too isolated, too expensive, too dangerous, too small... ugh! After the insanity subsided... I started crying. Maybe it's because of Father's Day, but I sobbed to Dave "I miss my parents. You're lucky to have your mom and brother close by. Maybe that's why you don't feel as anxious about potentially moving... What's home to you?"

So back to the world of reason and sanity.

Dave reminded me, "Home is where you are, honey."

2 comments:

  1. Aw! Lois, I'm sorry to hear how much stress you are under!

    And I'm pretty happy you've got such a great guy to walk through life with you.

    ReplyDelete