Thursday, July 22, 2010

Gonorrhea!

Have you ever seen the episode of Seinfeld where Kramer gets a job as a medical model for medical students to diagnose? Well, tomorrow morning... I will be diagnosing three medical models at USC (hopefully not gonorrhea) for my Advanced Health Assessment final :)

Here's a bit of the script:
Mt. Sanai Hospital. Kramer is on the table surrounded by med students.

Student #1: And are you experiencing any discomfort?

Kramer: Just a little burning during urination.

Student #1: Okay, any other pain?

Kramer: The haunting memories of lost love. May I? (signals to Mickey) Lights? (Mickey turns down the lights and Kramer lights a cigar) Our eyes met across the crowded hat store. I, a customer, and she a coquettish haberdasher. Oh, I pursued and she withdrew, then she pursued and I withdrew, and so we danced. I burned for her, much like the burning during urination that I would experience soon afterwards.

Student #1: Gonorrhea?!

Kramer: Gonorrhea!

The lab breaks out in spontaneous applause as Mickey turns up the lights and Kramer takes a bow.

2 comments:

  1. Love that classic episode!!

    Good luck with your assessment! If you are stumped, guess "the doctor left a sponge in me".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Passed! No gonorrhea, but pneumonia, angina and cholecystitis.

    ReplyDelete