Sunday, December 5, 2010

Listen to your mom




Dave and I ventured back "home" to Vancouver this week. "Home" is a relative word now... The moment we arrived back in Pasadena, I felt more at home than I did in Vancouver. But I digress. It was my one and only niece's first birthday. I'm amazed at my sister who's a mother of three kids. She is literally a full-time mom, since my brother-in-law works from 6am to 9pm during the week and also works Saturday. My sister and I, four years apart, were never that close growing up. We fought right up until the day she got married. Yet, she's pretty much the closest friend I have now.

Parting with her family in Canada, I can't help but tell the kids to listen to their mom. Growing up, I always remember hearing people telling me to listen to my mom. This time it hit a different chord. Sure, it's a great way to tell kids to behave but when I said it to my niece and nephews, it meant: I love your mom a lot... please, be nice to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment