In the last month, I've been in two accidents. The first as a passenger with my sister, brother-in-law, niece and nephews. I saw it coming as we rear-ended a car on the I-5 heading north. Both airbags were activated and the car was totaled. Luckily, no one was injured but the accident definitely left a dent in our psyche. The next morning, Elliott, my 5 year old nephew, unexpectedly burst out into tears at the breakfast table remembering the trauma of the accident. It's interesting... that with any other sort of trauma, you would avoid whatever activity that led to it for some time... but with driving, you're back on the road almost immediately whether it may be as a driver or passenger without much time to process it.
A couple weeks after this accident, once again, I was in a car accident. Except this time Dave and I were rear-ended on the 210-W heading to work. Again, not much time to process it. Ever since these two accidents, I have been on edge whenever I see brake lights or when we change lanes. I had a dream a couple nights ago that we were spinning on the highway and a bus T-boned us.
I want to have something profound to say about the fleeting nature of life and about the need to seize the day! But.. mostly, I just want to say... wear your seat belt.
No comments:
Post a Comment