
At our last family gathering, my cousin Jiea and I shared an idea that has been on both our minds: hearing about our family history from my maternal grandparents. I recently saw the Lisa Kudrow version of Who Do You Think You Are on NBC.com and was inspired to find out my own family history. It's a little harder tracing Asian ancestry because there's less of a variety of family names: Park, Lee, Kim, Cho, etc... you get the picture. I've been wanting to blog about it and Jiea had the idea of capturing it on video.
To the best of my knowledge, my mom's family migrated from North Korea to South during the Korean war and came to the United States from South Korea somewhere in the 1970's.
Tomorrow, I'll be visiting my grandparents with lunch and will start this exciting process of discovering my roots.
No comments:
Post a Comment