It's no mystery that Dave and I love to travel. Day trip, camping trip, hiking trip, backpacking... we'll do it. We don't buy presents for each other on Christmas, birthdays or anniversaries. Both our families never grew up participating in that tradition either. Needless to say, that leaves a little extra wiggle room for mini vacations here and there in our budget.
Last Thursday, I got home from work and slept all day. Dave also having taken a nap, the two of us found ourselves lying in bed at 2AM still unable to sleep. We wanted to go hiking the next morning but new it wouldn't happen at this rate. We both had no plans for Friday either but didn't want to waste the day. As a spur of the moment thought, Dave suggested that we drive to Monterey Bay... like NOW. What other response would I give than, "Let's do it!"
So, at 3AM we drove to Monterey Bay, visited Cannery Row, Fisherman's Wharf, Monterey downtown, Pebble Beach, Firestone Brewery, took a couple small naps during the day to keep us awake, and made it back home by 10:30PM the same day. Friday night, we slept like babies.
Wow. I consider myself crazy when it comes to travel but you guys are way above. Wish i could do that unscheduled, middle of the night, don't think about it travels a lot more...
ReplyDeleteI hear it's a lot harder with kids, that's why we're cramming it all in now.
ReplyDelete