Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Thoughts on the road


A couple weeks after Dave and I first met, we had the opportunity to spend a couple hours talking in the car as we drove to my college campus to post fliers. We totally hit it off. There wasn't a moment of awkwardness. Even the silence was comfortable. Maybe that's why we love road trips so much and can talk for hours on end. Especially now that we're married, road trips give us time to rethink our lifestyle. We're much more open to suggestions when we're on the road.

One breakthrough I had this last trip to Monterey Bay is that Dave is a carefree person that takes life by the horns. If it weren't for him, I probably would never have backpacked around Europe. If he chooses to do something, he will do it with extreme joy. I, on the other hand, will do something I don't really feel like doing and complain about it, or do something I really enjoy doing and feel guilty about it. I think a lot of people are like that these days. And it doesn't make life particularly fun, does it?

This world could use a lot more people like my husband.

1 comment:

  1. wow, this place looks great and very relaxing, while on a trip and when I passed this kind of road I will thanks God for that wonderful creation :D



    Lets Enjoy Philippines | Enjoy Philippines

    ReplyDelete