Last Saturday, Dave performed at Uncle Reds Pizzeria in Bellflower. Suzanne and Danny Gallego, whom we met through Cornerstone, have been inviting us to try their delicious pizza for ages and finally they suckered us in by asking Dave to perform at their Uncle Red's Acoustic Brew. BTW, their pizza lived up to the wait. The musicians got free pizza and beer for their groupies!!
My cousin, Grace, performed with him for a couple songs and invited her family. I'm so glad my uncle and aunt got to see him perform. Come to think of it, I don't think anyone in my family has seen him perform live (except for Tim who opened for him at the Jameson Brown gig). Uncle Peter exclaimed, "We get to drink beer and eat pizza like real Americans!"
Dave did wonderfully. He was witty, charming and very talented. He's been recording songs for his new EP at home, DIY (do-it-yourself) style and I think the quality of his recordings has improved drastically, not to mention his stage manner too. I'm glad to see him so happy doing what he does. And I'm glad my family got to see what he does too... American style!
No comments:
Post a Comment