Friday, November 12, 2010

Thoughts at the kitchen sink


What an interesting culture and generation I live in. In which, at times, I unconsciously and passively participate in. Society tells us to go to school for higher education to have higher paying salaries so that we can pay back what we couldn't pay for in the first place. We need to buy a house we can't afford, borrow money to do it, and spend our lives paying it off.

I would hate the day when my job wasn't something I enjoyed but became just a means to pay off what I've borrowed.

2 comments:

  1. REASON I MISSED THE SIMPLER LIFESTYLE GROWING UP. NO PRESSURE TO "COMPETE ANS PARTICIPATE" AS LONG AS YOU'RE HAPPY WITH YOUR LIFE... R.F

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Rene. As long as we have food on our table, shelter and the love of friends and family, I'm content.

    ReplyDelete